Not so long ago, the search for how to play iMessage games on Android would have ended in nothing, but not so long ago such a technical possibility appeared. Now we have a couple of tricks to play iMessage games on Android phone. So, this article will show you two ways how to run iMessage games on Android devices.
How to Play iMessage Games on Android Phone?
Not so long ago, playing games from an iPhone on Android device was impossible. iOS and Android are two completely different operating systems, which cannot interact with each other at the software level.
The takeaway is that most iPhone games can be found in the Play Market app, similar to App Store on iPhone. While retaining the iPhone’s cones, these games are being adapted by enthusiastic programmers for Android smartphones.
But if you want to play specifically with friends, this is all certainly not the case, and your goal is iMessage games. So, what can iMessage app provide you with?
What is the feature of the iMessage app?
iMessage is an Apple service that appeared with the release of iOS 5 firmware in 2011. It is designed to send text and multimedia messages to MacOS devices and iOS devices via Wi-Fi network or cellular Internet faster than standard SMS/MMS messages.
You can play a game, record audio messages, share songs, and more—all with iMessage apps—without leaving the Messages app. You can customize your list of available apps or add iMessage apps you find in the App Store.
What games are available when playing iMessage
Here are some of the iMessages games that you can download and play with a friend after you complete the setup for your Android phone:
|Darts||Four in a Row||Mr.Putt|
|GamePigeon||Cobi Hoops||Trivia Crack|
|Polaroid Swing||fastThumbs||Square Dot|
|StickyMonster||WIT puzzles||Sea Battle|
In fact, iMessage games are simply endless, and you can download many more by opening any iMessage conversation and clicking on the App Store button. Then search, download, and play.
Well, I think you are already intrigued enough, let’s move on to the guide on how to play iMessage games on Android. Here are two methods that may help you.
#1 Way: Get the weMessage App
WeMessage is a utility program that knows how to connect Apple’s iMessage with Android devices. Created in 2017 by Roman Scott, a 16 year-old developer, the program has proven itself perfectly.
It is a free and open source service that has passed Apple security system checks and is available on Google Play Store and App Store. This useful project engages Android users in the iMessage ecosystem around the globe.
So, what is weMessage?
WeMessage supports all the basic features of iMessage. It allows you to use messages and group chats, including attachments, effects, file sharing, video messages, content blocking and of course you can play iMessage games on Android phone.
weMessage is a unified messaging application that brings Apple’s iMessage to Android. weMessage is composed of two pieces of software: the Android app and a messaging server called the weServer. In order to use the iMessaging functionality, you will have to download both the weServer and the app.
With weMessage, all the features of iMessage that iPhone users are so accustomed to can extend to Android owners. Let’s take a look at what it takes to run weMessage.
Requirements to play iMessage games on Android device via weMessage app
Let’s make a list of what you need first, and then come back with more details:
- an Android phone with OS 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer;
- weMessage app installed;
- your Apple ID to iMessage app;
- a Mac computer running MacOS 10.10 or later;
- Java 7 and above.
More info about Android OS
First of all, use an Android device with Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer. This probably won’t be a problem because OS 5.0 (Lollipop) was up to date almost a decade ago, and you probably have something newer installed.
By the way, the latest current version of the Adroid OS has the number 14 and is called Upside Down Cake. Want to check your current Android OS version? Nothing easier, follow this guide:
Open your phone’s Settings app > At the bottom, tap About phone and Android version > Find your “Android version” or build number.
I bet you have something newer than 5.0, don’t you?
Secondly, you need to install the WeMessage app on your Android phone. There won’t be any problem with this, because all you need to do to get your hands on this messaging app is to grab it from Google Play Store.
Apple ID account
If you don’t have an Apple ID yet, then create one to access the iMessage app. If you do, use the one you used to access iMessage. Log in to iMessage and stay in your credentials. When you follow the steps to start weMessage, you’ll need them.
By the way, check if you knew this trick how to cache music on iPhones and on Adroids?
About your Mac device
To make it possible for weMessage to befriend Apple’s product and Android OS, your computer must act as a server. You want a Mac device running on macOS 10.10 or above.
Which macOS is installed? From the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen, choose About This Mac. The window that opens might look different from the example shown here, but it always includes the macOS name followed by its version number.
Step-by-step guide on how to run weMessage
So here’s what you need to do with weMessage app to play iMessage games on Android phone. Start with your Mac computer:
- Install Java on your Mac PC. Make sure it is the Java SE Development Kit. You can download it from the Oracle website or through Applications > utilities to install Java.
- Monitor the Java download process to make sure there are no errors. You certainly want to install the latest available Java release.
- Next, head over to enable the Terminal application. Here is your path: System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility tab > Terminal app.
- When you’re there to make changes, you’ll need to click on the lock and enter your password. When that’s ready, click on the plus sign and you can find your Terminal file under Applications > Utilities > and open it.
- Continue with the actions on your Mac. Now it’s WeServer’s turn. Download it to your Mac, extract the zip file and execute run.command.
- If a pop-up window from Apple security system appears, proceed as follows: System Preference > Security & Privacy > General > Allow apps. In this directory, find the line “run.command was blocked from opening” and confirm that Open Anyway.
- Now let’s move to weMessage credentials. Type in weMessage strictly your official iMessage email. The password can differ for anything you want. When all the utilities are running and you are logged in to both messaging applications, weServer should start.
- After running weMessage Server on your iOS device, run the weMessage app now on your Android phone. Use the same username and password you had in weServer to log in. This will synchronize between weServer on Mac and weMessage on Android.
- In the weMessage credentials, fill in the boxes Mac IP Address and a Failover IP (the last one if available). Here is the scheme to view your Mac’s IP address: System Preferences > Network > Advanced > TCP/IP. After entering Mac IP address and other data, you will be redirected to the WeMessage home page.
- That’s it, Apple iMessage is now brought to your Android device. Enjoy iMessage features and play the best iMessage games!
But be aware that your Mac is now functioning as weServer, so to play games non-stop, you are to provide these conditions:
- your Mac OS must be running,
- its internet connection is stable,
- your Mac and Android have the same Wi-Fi network.
If you still have any questions, here is an instructional video by @Roman Scott himself:
#2 Way: Run the PieMessage Android App
PieMassage is an alternative app to play iMessage games on Android. The PieMessage app is considered more complicated than WeMessage, as you are supposed to know how to set it up on Android and OSX clients and how to handle the Java app deployment.
What is PieMessage?
PieMessage is a relatively new application created by Eric Chi. At first, it was just a prototype posted on GitHub for collaborative open source writing. Today, this project is ready and has gained widespread use among among ex-iOS device owners and Android funs.
This project helps to establish a connection between Green Robot and Apple device so that all iMessenger features become available to everyone. Like weMessage, PieMessage also uses your Mac OS as a messaging server.
To be clear, the PieMessage project consists of these seven components. Here they are in the list below.
Requirements for installing PieMessage
- Mac OSX device.
- The public IP address for Mac OSX device.
- iCloud account and iMessage enabled.
- Android phone with OS 4.0+
- Java JDK tool.
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Android Studio
Step-by-step guide on how to get pieMessage app
- Start on GitHub and download the PieMessages app files. From here, you can download the PieMessage APK file and install it on your Android device.
- On your iOS device, go to the “Apps” menu section and open the messaging app.
- Now connect your iCloud account to your messages. To do so, go to Messages > Settings > Accounts.
- Copy the PieMessage project to your OSX device.
- Edit the “socketAddress” value in the PieOSXClient/src/Constants.java file, replacing it with the IP address of your public OSX device.
- After making all the settings, move the “message.applescript” file to your home directory (/Users/).
- Open JavaWebServer/ in the IntelliJ tool and run the Server class.
- Open PieOSXClient/ as a project in IntelliJ and run the PieOSXClient class.
- Finally, open PieMessage-Android/ as a project in the Android Studio tool. After that you can compile an APK file to install on any android device and access it.
- Voilà! Test the iMessage services and start playing the multiple games available thanks to PieMessage.
To eliminate all questions, just in case, we’ll leave here this video by @chinesecheeunit:
FAQ How to Play iMessage Games on Android Devices
Can you play iMessage on Android?
The answer is both yes and no at the same time. On the one hand, iMessage app is an Apple messaging service and is not officially available for Android devices. But on the other hand, third party applications are widely used to play iMessage games on Android smartphones.
WeMessage and PieMessage are named as the most popular ones. Try one of our solutions and soon you’ll be playing your favorite iMessage games with your friends!
Can you play GamePigeon on Android?
If you’re going to play Game Pigeon straight from your Android smartphone, you won’t be able to. But if you don’t mind applying a few tricks, you will still manage after some effort.
The difficulty arises from the fact that iMessage, the platform on which GamePigeon runs, is exclusive to Apple devices. However, there are at least two known solutions on how to still play GamePigeon on the Android platform. You can try out PieMessage or WeMessage Android app to play iMessage games by following the steps in our guide.
Can I play iPhone games on Android phone?
Alas, it is directly possible to play iMessage games on Apple iOS. But still there are alternative ways through which you can play iPhone games on Android. You will need support with an alternative messaging application.
Instead of Apple’s native iMessage, you can use PieMessage or WeMessage for your Android Device. This will require some extra steps from you, but it will all work out along with our step-by-step guide!
Bottom Line of How to Play iMessage Games on Android Phone
Well, hope that by now nothing can interfere with your pleasure to play iMessage games on your Android phone! Leave a comment below this post which of the ways you like more – weMessage app or pieMessage app. This will help us to become better for you!
In general, if you want to set up iMessage games for your child, check out this article: How to use kids home on Galaxy S10, S10 Plus to manage kids.