What? Galaxy S10 won’t charge! It is impossible because this smartphone is new to Samsung. Even, the manufacturer had just launched it on March 8, 2019. What makes it won’t charge? Calm down, please! It is just information for you to face unexpected things. Believe it that it will not happen in a short time. When your Samsung Galaxy S10 did not charge, generally, that is not a serious problem. As an owner, you should do some troubleshooting procedures to determine what the issue is and hopefully be able to fix samsung it. Humidity on the smartphone makes it won’t charge. Here are three methods to overcome the issue. Let’s see it!
8 Methods to Overcome When Your Galaxy S10 Won’t Charge
So, you do not have to panic if your Galaxy S10 won’t charge. The most important thing you know is that it is just about the humidity. Samsung device really spoils the customer’s to use the products. So, it also gives more than one solution if you get this issue. Here, is a second solution of what to do:
1. Force Reboot
The first way is to restart by forcing a reboot of the device. It means you will use a wireless charger to do this. For your information that to Force Reboot, you need to conduct these steps:
- Firstly, press the volume down button, then hold and do not release.
- Second, press the Power button simultaneously. Perform it by holding down the Volume Down button.
- Do it for at least 10 seconds.
2. Change the cable
Alongside that humidity, a charging cable may be another reason why your smartphone won’t charge. So, you should know that your charging cable is genuine, and it is only for fixing Samsung Galaxy S10.
Then, try connecting the USB cable and the adapter with another socket together. Check whether it gives the results you want or not. Let the charger be connected to the device for 10 to 20 minutes. If that does not work, you can replace your charging cable with a new one.
If it turns out that something is wrong with that cable, then maybe wireless charging is what you need. By the way, also for the car: How To Choose A Samsung Galaxy S10 Car Charger.
3. Third method
The third method is faster and more manual. You only need to press and hold the Power button along with the Volume Down button. Do it for 10 seconds when the device is connected to a wall charger first.
4. Check to charge port
If you’ve verified there’s nothing wrong with the charging device, The next thing to do would be to check that the port for charging is free of obstructions. In some cases, dust or even lint can get into the charging port, preventing the cable from being connected properly. For checking the port’s condition using the magnifying instrument. If there’s a clear sign of dirt or lint in the port, make use of a container of compressed air to clean the area. If the port appears free of dirt and dry, however, the Samsung Galaxy S10 isn’t charging, attempt the following method.
5. Charge on Safe Mode
In some cases, a bad application can interfere with Android and block charging. To test this, turn your device in safe mode to observe how it charges. In safe mode, there are no apps from third parties or services are allowed to operate. If one of these third-party apps is responsible for the problem, then your S9 will charge as normal in safe mode.
For your device to boot into secure safe mode:
- When you turn your S10 turned off, press while holding the Power button beyond the screen with your safe mode name.
- Once “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen, press the Power key button.
- After releasing the Power button after releasing the Power key, hold and press the volume down the power key.
- Keep holding the volume down button until the device has finished restarting.
- The Safe Mode will be displayed at the bottom left of the display.
- Let the volume down button go as soon as you notice the exit safe mode.
If you want to know what app has caused the issue, follow these instructions:
- Switch to secure safe mode.
- Look for the source of the issue.
- After you’ve determined the app is from a third party has been responsible After that, you’re able to begin disabling apps on your own. It is recommended to start by removing the latest ones that you have installed.
- Once you’ve removed the app, turn the phone back to normal and look to see if the issue is there.
- If your Samsung Galaxy S10 does not power to turn on, repeat these steps from 1 through 4.
6. Moisture detected error
If you’ve recently exposed the home screen selection of the Galaxy S10 to water, it’s likely that there could have been moisture in the device. It could stop the phone from charging. In normal circumstances, the device will be able to display a “Moisture detected” warning in this situation. However, the absence of a warning isn’t a guarantee that your charging port is 100% dry from moisture. If you are concerned that the charging port for charging is dry, try drying the phone.
One way of doing dry at home is to use cooked rice, or packages made of gel silica (the item that’s in the shoebox). If you are using uncooked rice, be sure to cover the device completely with rice. After that, you can seal the container and place the phone in it for a minimum period of time.
The most efficient method to dry your device at home is by using silica gel in place of rice. Silica gels absorb water faster than rice and can decrease drying time to around half. Therefore, rather than putting the device in sealed containers for 2 days, the device can be kept in a sealed container for 24 hours. It is possible to purchase silica gel packs at your craft store.
7. Factory reset
If you care for your device, and it’s not physically damaged or dropped or physically damaged, the cause next solution to the charging issue could be a software issue. It is possible that you will be able to resolve the issue at your own level by wiping your soft reset ware and restoring its settings back to defaults using a factory reset.
The process will erase all your personal data, so make sure to save them in advance of the time. It is possible to use the Samsung device Smart Switch to back up your personal data.
After you’ve cleaned your personnel files, go through the steps listed below to factory reset settings on your phone:
- Make a backup copy of the personal data you have.
- Shut off your device.
- Hold and press the Volume Up key as well as the Bixby power key. Then press, and hold down the Power button.
- If it appears that the green Android logo appears, let go of the buttons (‘Installing the system update’ should be displayed between 30 and 60 seconds prior to showing the Android options menu for system recovery mode).
- Use the volume down button multiple times until you see the words ‘wipe data/factory reset”.
- Select Power to power up.
- Hold the volume down button until the message ‘Yes, delete all personal data of the user’ is highlighted.
- Use the Power button to select and begin your master reset.
- Once the master reset is done, ‘Reboot the system update now’ appears.
- Hold the Power button to turn off the device.
If you care for the device, and it’s not physically damaged or dropped or physically damaged, the cause of your issue with charging could be a software issue. That means you may be able to resolve the issue at a personal level by wiping your software before resetting its settings to defaults through a factory reset.
The process will erase the data you have stored, so ensure to save them in advance of the time. It is possible to use the Samsung Smart Switch to back up the personal information you have stored.
If the issue persists even after a factory reset, it is likely that the issue lies outside the scope of repair. This could be due to the software interface being related to a defective battery or the hardware. If this is the scenario, you should get in touch with a samsung device for them to conduct diagnostic tests on the hardware. If the issue is not easily fixable or cost-effective for them, they might provide a replacement unit.
Speak to the local Samsung representative to determine the repair options available. In some regions, Samsung Service Center may offer the option of sending a replacement device within a matter of minutes, prior to sending the malfunctioning phone to Samsung Service Center.
Perform Wipe Cache Partition
This procedure lets you remove and wipe cache partition process files that could be damaged and block the device crashing from turning off. To erase this process file, you need to switch to recovery safe mode, by pressing a certain power key combination cache partition.
- Connect your gadget to a computer or desktop by using the Type C cable from the beginning.
- Hold and press the Power and Volume Up Buttons until the Android logo appears, then remove all power key.
- Click the button to turn down the volume button to navigate. Select ” Wipe cache partition process.”
- Hit the Power button to choose options.
- Decide the forced reboot System by pressing the power key button once the process of wiping the process has been completed.
- Press the Power button to turn off the phone.
If your Samsung Galaxy S10 won’t turn on after wiping the wipe process, it is still worth resetting the device back to the factory settings.
Use wireless charger
If your Galaxy S10 still charges wirelessly, it is possible to utilize this function to delay the repair choice. Remember that wireless charging, even at a high speed, is slower than cable charging. If you’re comfortable with that, the best thing to do is follow this configuration for all the time you like. We recommend repairing the device at the earliest time possible, in order to resolve the problem permanently.
Verify with Charger Cable
Now, it talks about methods one-fourth solution, and two to solve your Galaxy S10 won’t charge. If those methods do not give a result, you conduct verification. You can do it using the charger cable safe mode. When the cable charger is functioning properly, the issue is on your wireless charger, and must replace it. Instead, you should contact for support if both do not work.
Okay, those are 3 tips and an additional way to solve Galaxy S10 won’t charge. You do not need to worry because the causes are not heavy, and the solutions are many. Keep enjoying it!