Today, it is impossible to leave your smartphone unlocked. There are many reasons to secure a device from other people. And yet sometimes it happens that you have to unlock Samsung phone and enter the password manually. But what if you just forgot it?
How to unlock Samsung phone if you forgot password?
There are many ways to unlock Samsung device. Choose the one that is right for you.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy A21 with Safe Mode
Safe mode in Samsung phones is used to troubleshoot problems and errors in the operating system. It also allows you to change the password and the pattern lock on your Samsung phone.
It is easy to do:
- Hold down the power button on your Samsung device until a menu appears on the locked screen with several options for further actions.
- Select the Power Off option and hold it with your finger for a few seconds.
- Your Samsung phone will ask for permission to go into Safe Mode – press OK.
- After rebooting, your Samsung Galaxy A21 will run clean, with no apps installed.
- Go to Settings and set a new unlock Samsung password.
- Reboot the smartphone again – the changes will take effect, and you will be able to use all the apps that you previously installed again. Your files will also remain on the device.
Unlock your Samsung Galaxy A21 with Backup PIN
Before we talk about how this method works, we need to pay attention to its disadvantages:
- unlocking with this method does not work on Android 5.0 (only Android 4.4 or lower);
- this function works only if you have provided a backup code when setting a password or a pattern lock – the system offers this possibility, but often people refuse it in order to save time;
- for the fingerprint sensor or face unlock technology, a backup PIN is not available.
To use a Backup PIN, follow the sequence below:
- Enter the wrong password or pattern lock on your Samsung phone several times – it usually takes 5 times to make a mistake when entering it.
- Wait for the message on the phone screen that the next attempt will be available in 30 seconds. At that time, you will be able to select the Backup PIN option.
- Select this option. Enter the pin code and press OK. If you entered the pin code without error, the smartphone is unlocked.
- Set a new lock screen option.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy A21 with Google Security Questions
This method does not work on all Samsung models. To use it, do the following:
- Enter the wrong password several times.
- Select Forgot password and Answer question.
- Type the answer that you have previously set.
- Unlock the phone and select YES.
- Create a new lock screen option.
Unlock your Samsung Galaxy A21 with Google Find My Device
Samsung has its own online service that allows you to monitor your smartphone and control its settings remotely over the Internet.
To use this method, you need to have your device connected to the Internet.
Make sure that you have saved your password or lock screen option in your Samsung account: when setting up protection, you can choose whether to back up or not.
The principle is simple:
- Go to Google Find My Device website.
- Log in to your account – you need to enter your email and password.
- Find your Samsung Galaxy A21 in the list of devices connected to the account.
- Select Unlock my screen.
- Click Unlock in the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
After a few minutes, you’ll regain access to your smartphone and set a new lock screen option. But you can only use this feature if you have a Samsung account.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy A21 with Google Account
In order to fully use your Android smartphone, which is the operating system installed on Samsung devices, you need to create a Google account. It will also come in handy if you need to unlock your device.
As with the Samsung account, you’ll need an Internet connection to use it:
- Enter the wrong password on your Samsung phone several times so that a warning will appear on the screen. It will offer you a variety of options, including Forgot password and Unlock with Google.
- Choose either of these two options.
- Sign in to your Google account – enter your email and password.
- Reset the key and confirm the action by entering your email and password.
- Make up a new lock screen pattern and click OK to make the change take effect.
There is a more radical method of solving the problem. But if you use it, it will erase all the information on your smartphone:
- Go to https://android.com/find.
- Log in to your Google account and select the device you want to unlock.
- In the menu below, select Set up lock and delete data.
- Clear your smartphone’s memory.
After that, you can use your mobile device again and reconfigure the lock screen option on it.
Unlock your Samsung Galaxy A21 with Android Device Manager
This is another way to unlock Samsung devices, simple and sure. Below, we will explain everything you need to do this:
- You will need to take any device with the Internet and visit Android Device Manager website.
- Login to the device manager. Make sure you use the same Login on the phone you want to unlock.
- Select the Samsung device you would like to unlock.
- Tap the Lock button to be redirected to another page.
- Once on the new page, enter a temporary password.
- Now touch the Lock button again.
- Three buttons – Ring, Lock, and Erase will appear.
- On your locked Samsung, enter the temporary password again.
The Samsung will now be unlocked. Make sure that you have cleared the temporary password and created a new lock screen option.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy A21 with Hard Reset / Factory data reset
Hard reset / Factory reset will also lead to the loss of all information stored in the memory of the Samsung smartphone and erase device.
It makes sense to use Hard reset / Factory reset only if other methods do not contribute to solving the problem, and you suspect that the cause of the malfunction is a serious system failure.
You usually perform a Hard reset / Factory reset from the Settings menu. But since you’re having trouble unlocking, you can’t access the settings either.
Fortunately, the developers of mobile devices foresaw this situation:
- Turn your Samsung Galaxy off.
- Take out the SIM card and microSD card from the slots.
- Press the Power button and Volume buttons simultaneously.
- When the Samsung logo appears on the screen, release the power button and hold down the volume buttons for another 10-15 seconds.
- If you’ve done everything correctly, the Samsung logo on the screen will change to the engineering menu.
- To navigate between the engineering menu items, use the key that controls the volume. You need the Wipe data / Factory reset item.
- Select the Factory data reset item and Wipe Cache Partition.
- Confirm your decision by pressing Yes.
- In some cases, you may need to additionally select Reboot system now in the menu that appears after that.
After the Hard reset / Factory reset, the device will return to the state it was in when you bought it.
Now you can go back to the Settings menu and reset the screen lock. Your personal data and photos will remain in your Google Account.
Note: with data transfer module, you can transfer your data directly to your computer.
Unlock your Samsung Galaxy A21 with DroidKit
There are several programs that allow you to unlock your smartphone running on the Android operating system.
Normally, the program allows you to reset passwords or settings to factory defaults using a computer and a smartphone connected to it.
It’s easy to use:
- Download the free DroidKit program and install it on your computer.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a cable.
- In the program menu, choose Screen Unlocker.
- In the pop-up window, press Start.
- Read the information and press Remove Now.
- Then follow the instructions in the program.
After the process is complete, you will be able to use your device again.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy A21 with Android Multi Tool
This method is very similar to the previous one in terms of the working principle:
- Download Android Multi Tool software and install it on your computer.
- Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable.
- Press the power and volume down buttons on the phone simultaneously.
- In the pop-up menu of the program, select the option to delete all data from the phone.
- After completing the process, reboot the device.
Note: enable USB debugging on your phone.
Unlock your Samsung Galaxy A21 with Reflashing
Reflashing is a procedure that is better to entrust to an experienced technician. However, you can perform it yourself, but you need to act carefully.
If possible, save the most important information from the mobile device. It is also better to take out the SIM card and memory card.
If everything is successful, you will lose all data and settings and the smartphone will return to the state in which it was when you bought it.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have described all available methods to unlock Samsung Galaxy A21 in this article. However, if you still have doubts, please read the most frequent questions from users.
How do you unlock your Samsung phone when you forgot the password?
In this situation, you can unlock Samsung phone with a Backup code, Google Security Questions, or Google Find My Device.
How can I reset my Samsung A21 without email?
If you forgot password and email, the Factory reset (Power button + Volume buttons) will work for you.
How can I unlock Samsung phone and change screen lock?
In this case, use the Power button + Volume buttons combination to erase device option on your Samsung phone.
Of course, it’s best not to forget your password or pattern lock-in, in this case, you won’t have to hack your smartphone.
But, as you can see, there is an extensive arsenal of remedies to solve the problem.
Read also our new article – How to change default internet browser on Samsung Phone : Step by Step Guide.
Leave a Reply