First of all, we shall actually clarify what really Android moisture detected problem is. So, as you might have guessed, it is an error message, which shows up when your device has had a contact with any moist or humidity. Samsung Galaxy smartphones, in particular, come with a specially designed moisture sensor, which comes into action when you try to charge the phone. In case level of wet in its charger port is above normal, «Moisture detected» warning pops up.
So, if you are an owner of Samsung Galaxy S10, moisture detected error message may arise one moment or another. If you faced it, there is no reason to get worried, so don’t bother, you are not the first person in the world to have this issue, and there already must be some proven solutions. Below we will describe possible reasons for appearance of this warning and ways to fix the situation.
The key thing you have to understand is that in fact there are two major groups of potential ways of actions taken. If you see the pop-up with message, it can be due to either real moist in the charger port, or some unexpected issues inside your Samsung Galaxy S10. That’s why prior to taking any measures you should first of all investigate what may have caused such a situation. It is always better to find a solution as quickly as you can, or else it can just turn impossible to charge the smartphone. And we here will give you detailed instructions how to do it. The bright side is you don’t have to do some difficult operations for this purpose. Keep reading this article, and you will find out how to turn off moisture detected error message in many different ways.
What if the message is true?
And the first possible way is a version when the phone actually had faced some amount of water somehow. Perhaps, you used it in contact with water, took photos, or just touched the charger port with wet hands accidentally. Don’t panic and remember that «moisture has been detected» warning appears in S10 models when they are actually moist and also disappears respectively when you dry them. As soon as the reason of the message is solved, the message itself is gone.
That’s why the most logical action now is simply to dry your smartphone. Maybe, you know for sure, that the phone has been used in contact with moist, and that makes the diagnosis of moisture detected S10 problem easier. We’ll check the ways to do it below, but what’s the most important: don’t forget to turn it off at first. Electronics should always be kept away from wet. Otherwise any unwanted consequences may happen to hardware.
So, when you shut the phone down, turn to one of the methods to dry it. The first proven but a little old-fashioned way is to put the phone into a bowl with rice. Just place the device into an empty container, cover it with grains of rice and leave it, let’s say, for a night for better results. Today this method is considered to be not as preferred as it used to be, but it is still popular and has shown good outcomes.
One more unusual method of this kind is to dry the charger port with a hairdryer. Turn the hairdryer at the lowest temperature possible, it will protect the parts of your phone from damaging. So, blow air from the hairdryer directly into the port and continue doing so for several minutes. Drying the charger port with help of a hairdryer is recommended, because simply blowing air into the whole by your own forces can only make the things worse.
If you feel skeptical about these remedies, then you may turn to some less extreme measures. Perhaps, the most common way to absorb any liquid is to use tissue paper. Take a small piece and insert it carefully into the charger port. To make it more convenient you may wrap it around some thin stick, a match, etc. Leave tissue paper inside for a couple of minutes, this should be pretty enough. You also can slightly blow inside beforehand to remove any dust or dirt particles.
Or even go without any auxiliary tools and merely give your Samsung galaxy S10 time to overcome moisture detected error by its own means. Simply let it rest on some surface in a cool place for 10 minutes or so to allow moist to dry naturally. Sometimes even this is enough.
To sum it up, let’s say the last word about the situations when moisture has been detected in your S10 model. Samsung Galaxy S10 is equipped with a visual description of a phone’s condition – Liquid Damage indicator. It has a form of a sticker situated in SIM slot and shows the level of moist. So, to check it up get the SIM card tray out and look at the indicator. Liquid Damage indicator has white color when the device is completely fine and there is no any damage. If the sticker turns red, pink or purple, it means that unfortunately some kind of liquid damage occurred and you should contact a service center.
What if the message is false?
You may have tried all the possible solutions and still have no success. If you are hundred-percent sure, that there could not be any water left, then the Android moisture detected problem must appear because of some inner processes. Your task is to investigate it. The reason may hide in one of those situations below.
What you can do is try to switch into safe mode to pause the operation of any applications that were installed on the smartphone and were not built-in. You surely have plenty of apps, and it is impossible to determine right away which of them exactly may have caused the Samsung Galaxy S10, moisture detected warning. That’s why the most justified and reliable way is merely to shut down all the applications there are on your device. Step by step plan how to do it is the following:
- First of all, shut down the smartphone.
- Then press the Power button and hold it until you can see the smartphone model name on the display.
- As soon as the model name is visible, release the Power button.
- Right after you released the previous button, press the Volume down.
- Keep holding the Volume down button till the moment when restarting is complete.
- Now you can release the key and see the icon of Safe mode in the bottom left corner.
The next potential solution may be related to cache. To be consistent don’t disregard any possible chance of how to turn off moisture detected pop-up successfully. Occasionally too much stored cache can cause plenty of unexpected issues. That’s why what you should do is to delete cash. Bear in mind that afterwards it will take a little more time for the smartphone to turn on. So, be patient and wait till it forms new cache instead of the deeleted, and check if the problem is solved. Take certain sequence of steps to complete it:
- Shut down the smartphone.
- Now you will need some craft: press Volume Up, Bixby and also Power buttons and hold them simultaneously till the Android logo is visible.
- Then release the buttons and wait for a minute or so when the menu options are shown.
- Look for wipe cache partition option, for this press the Volume down button as many times as necessary.
- Choose the option with help of the Power button.
- Find yes with the Volume down button and press it with the Power button.
- Now the cache is deleted.
- There is only one thing left: press the Power button to reboot.
The last method of how to disable moisture detected warning in case it appeared due to some inner reasons is simply to reboot your device. To arrange everything maximum safety, take care of making a backup of all files you need not to accidentally lose anything crucial. Besides, log out of your account in Google if you have one not to be locked out afterwards. Here are the steps you will need:
- Shut down the smartphone.
- Again: press Volume Up, Bixby and Power buttons and hold them simultaneously till the Android logo is visible.
- Then release the buttons and wait for a minute or half when the menu options are shown.
- Look for ‘wipe data / factory reset’, for this press the Volume down button as many times as necessary.
- Choose the option with help of the Power button.
- Press the Volume down button till you find ‘Yes — delete all user data’ line and press the Power button.
- Now the process of reset is started, you only have to wait till it’s finished.
- Final thing to do is press the Power button to reboot.
Some extra solutions
Major ways to solve the moisture detected S10 model problem are already highlighted pretty thoroughly. We sincerely hope that one of them will certainly help you. But there is a possibility that all of them are not enough and the reason is somewhere deeper. Then you’d better stop trying to fix the problem yourselves and turn to an available service center.
But at the time you are arranging things you may need to charge the phone at once one way or another. For this purpose you can use one of these extra methods that can serve you as a Plan B.
- Kind of cheating, but also can work sometimes: charge the smartphone when it is turned off. It means literally: shut down the phone first, and only then charge it. There is no error message if there is no place to display it.
- If there is no way to charge your device traditionally, through the charger port, as you got used to, consider wireless charging. The thing is, in fact you still need a wire in this case. But the difference is you should connect it to the charger, but not to the phone. One caveat is if you choose this way, you’ll have to buy a wireless charger separately, so it’s up to you.
- Another potential source of your misfortunes is merely a faulty cable itself. If the problem is annoying, it doesn’t mean its roots cannot be trivial. Try another cable, and maybe this will be the key that would erase the Android moisture detected issue.
- Or maybe you will get lucky by connecting your phone not to the plug, but to your computer. Charging the smartphones through the PC is not really recommended, because this is the way of usage for a purpose other than it is intended and can be rather slow as well. But it’s okay if looking at it as at the only alternative.
We showed you the answers on what moisture detected S10 Galaxy warning is, why it can show up, and what you can do when you face it. Now you are quite prepared to some kinds of unexpected situations. The choice is yours how to use this tips, or maybe not to use them at all. Anyway, we wish you luck and thank you for staying with us.